Sunday, February 6

Not For The Lack Of

I think I have “writer’s block”. Or should I say something’s blocking, in the way of my writing.

Not that I don’t have anything to write about. I have. Lots. But, I’ve not found the time to sit down (like I do right now) and write. There’s always something else that needs to be taken cared of and done, now. Not later, but now. Unfortunately, blogging has been delegated to “later”. Blame the new year and the resolutions that normally come with it. I promised myself I will be more productive this year. That I will not procrastinate. That I will prioritize. First things first. There’s no putting off tomorrow what can and should be done today. It’s too early in the year for me to have earned playing hooky.

What were some of the things I thought of writing about?

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.  Pray tell. Why do people re-name “landmarks”? For example, Triborough Bridge was renamed RFK Bridge, Craig Municipal Airport to Jacksonville Executive Airport, Ludium Elementary to Barack Obama Elementary School. I’m sure people have reasons for doing so – good, bad, reasonable, ludicrous. Personally, I find it iffy. A name is a name is name. If we really want to honor somebody, what can be more honorable than building something from nothing and offering to name it after the honoree?

What The?!   I’ve been wanting to whack myself on the head. Why? Because I find myself mulling at night: “This can’t be right. Why am I feeling so ok? Why are things going so right? When will the bubble burst?” What is wrong with me? Why can’t I just be happy for myself. Why not just enjoy the moment? Why even think about it? Geez. I’m such a killjoy! Hihihihihi.

Sleep.   In keeping with my resolve to be more productive, I said to myself that I won’t oversleep this year. I’ve secretly admired people who can live off 6 hours of sleep a day, like my mom and brother. They sleep late and wake up early, not be groggy and be lively and productive day in and day out. Me, waking up is such a struggle that I feel tired by the time I am able to get myself out of bed! LOL

Retirement.   For some reason, I started the year financially-inclined. Last hour before my flight back to the U.S., I met with a local trader and left him with some money and stocks to trade. As soon as I arrived here, I looked at my company’s 401K and my personal Roth IRA reports and decided to increase my AutoSave. Hmmm. I need to be saving more. Or is it, “I should be earning more.” Got to work on that, too!

See, there’s a lot on mind. But a whole lot more to do. That’s why blogging has taken the backseat, for now. Wait till school closes in April though. I should be writing more often then. Till then, you all take care.

No comments: